Courses will be held on Tuesday 26 March 2019, 10am to 5pm.
Course A (full-day): "Introduction to Causal Inference"
Miguel Hernán (Harvard) [website]
HS/Keksdose building (map here)
download course description: Hernan_pdf
Course B (full-day): "Introduction to Machine Learning for Causal Inference"
Guido W. Imbens (Stanford Graduate School of Business) [website]
Room B3009 in GW2 building (map here)
download course description: Imbens_pdf
link to recommended reading 1: pubs.aeaweb.org/doi/pdfplus/10.1257/jep.31.2.3
download recommended reading 2: AtheyImbens2018_pdf
Instructions for course participants:
- The registration desk, located in the foyer of the GW2 building, opens at 9:15am. Please register in order to receive your name badge and your lunch vouchers.
- The courses start at 10:00am. There will be two 30min coffee breaks, and a 1h lunch break. The courses finish at 5pm at the latest.
- Lunch will be served in the canteen ('Mensa'), 3min walk from the course buildings (see map on website). Coffee will be served near the registration desk.
- In case you are planning to bring a laptop / tablet please note that the room only has very few power outlets so you cannot rely on charging any devices during the day.
- The slides of your course will be made available to you.